By Vivekan Iyengar, Product Manager
Spatial's 3D InterOp suite is well-suited for engineering applications that need to operate on imported data. 3D InterOp translates 3D data including high quality B-rep for model re-use in design, analysis, manufacturing and measurement applications. In addition to data access 3D InterOp provides data conversion and post-processing to ensure geometry integrity.
3D InterOp Performs 3 Functions:
- Pre-Processing - The ablility to read geometrical and non-geometrical information from imported CAD model
- Translation - Data conversion from input data format to native data format
- Post-Processing - Data healing to ensure a geometrically/topologically valid CAD model
3D InterOp generates precise models using ACIS libraries to repair geometric and topological errors and accomodate tolerance differences between different CAD systems. During the post-processing phase of translation, 3D InterOp handles:
- Geometrical irregularities associated with bad input data:
- Resolving curve / surface definition issues
- Resolving curve / surface self intersection and trimming issues
- Resolving surface discontinuity issues
- Resolving pcurve related issues
- Topological irregularities associated with input data:
- Resolving sliver EDGE / FACE issues
- Resolving duplicate EDGE / VERTEX issues
- Resolving incorrect topology sense issues
3D InterOp post-processing phase resolves common geometrical issues applicable to all formats, as well as specific format tolerance and goemetrical issues. Application developers can use the Healing option (defaut TRUE) to ensure 3D InterOp is using the post-processing phase to create geometrically precise CAD models.
Configurable Data Exchange
3D InterOp uses a "Connect" architecture which allows applications to convert a source document to a destination document using a set of configuration options. Configuration Options can be used to set the representation (B-rep, Assembly, PMI) or the options to control how a model is translated.
3D InterOp provides a translation suite enabling a workflow where engineering applications can decide on the exact data to be translated. 3D InterOp provides data access routines for applications to query header, B-rep and product structure for part & assembly files. Applications can use this query information to translate select data types or individual nodes of assemblies.
View the 3D InterOp webinar