Spatial offers comprehensive and fully-variational 2D /3D constraint-solver components that enable constraint-management technology within a wide range of design and engineering software applications including CAD, CAM, CAE and textile-design areas. These components incorporate the latest research trends in the field of variational solving while leveraging Spatial’s 25 years of experience and ability to bring to market innovative solutions enabling traditional and new products to more readily address end-user needs.
These constraint-solver solutions provide technology-leading solving capabilities for sketching of profiles, interactive part design, assembly management, direct/reverse kinematics with smooth motion for multi-axis robotics and collision avoidance applications, and analyses of static/quasi-static equilibrium.
Two sets of constraint-solver libraries are available: one for design applications and another for engineering applications.
The first component set is intended for typical design applications employing 2D sketching and drafting of geometric profiles, as well as the placement of parts in 2D/3D assemblies.
- Built-in geometry objects and dimensional/logical constraint types for any design application
- Robust and fast solver provides multiple modes like update, interactive dragging, and simulation
- Easy-to-implement C++ interfaces and useful debugging tools
The second component set is intended for engineering applications such as advanced kinematics for multi-axis robotics and collision avoidance as well as equilibrium analyses and curve/surface editing.
- Unique solver technology is well-suited to engineering applications with non-separable, large and complex 3D mechanisms
- Built-in geometry objects and constraints as well as user-defined equalities and inequalities
- Clear C/C++ interfaces with powerful solver diagnostics to quickly resolve problems such as conflicts in the system of constraints