Along with Spatial service offerings, customers may choose to use Rapid Application Development Framework (RADF). RADF accelerates the development of 3D ACIS® Modeler and CGM-based applications by providing an application infrastructure, essential 3D functionality, and a fully extensible framework, eliminating the need to develop these capabilities from scratch. Development resources are free to concentrate their efforts on developing product specific functionality that differentiates their applications in the market. RADF is tightly integrated with CGM, ACIS, and Spatial’s other modeling, visualization and interoperability components.
RADF Benefits for Application Developers:
- Written in C#, enabling access to the large number of classes and functions in the .NET Framework
- Uses WPF for its user-interface (UI), enabling the separation of UI design from its implementation
- Designed for ease-of-use and ease-of-extensibility
- Import 3D models
- Import of common data formats
- Fully-featured 3D viewer
- Tree-view for data representation
- Tab-docking and multiple document interface
- User preferences and global application options
Plug-in Architecture: RADF supports the creation of plug-ins which interact with the core application through a set of interfaces. Multiple plug-ins can be created to add specific functionality and groups of features.