Building Information Modeling applications perform a wide range of functions on the model data held in the BIM database. The sort of operations that a user of the system might want to perform are:
- Query - Queries about whether models in the structure clash with each other
- Measure - Measurements of components and between components
- Visualize - Visualization of the structure
- Build - Building new models and routing components based on existing components
Spatial Modeling kernels provide geometric functionality to perform all these types of functions and many more besides. All the geometric operations required to produce complex models with general geometric surfaces are available, together with the ability to extract detailed information from the data.
Additionally BIM databases may contain many different formats of 3D data, depending on the location of the database the format may be controlled or there may be a variety of formats in the database. The Spatial 3D InterOP translation component provides import and export of a wide range of CAD industry proprietary formats, allowing applications to gain access to the 3D geometry and visualization in the BIM data.
- Access visualization data for quick display of file contents
- Full access to geometric models
- Translation of manufacturing information like dimensions, tolerances and materials
All these types of data are available from a wide range of formats using the same calling interface regardless of the source format of the data.
Spatial provides a portfolio of solutions:
CGM Core Modeler, the 3D geometric modeling kernel used by Dassault Systemes’ world-leading CATIA V5 and 3DEXPERIENCE platforms
3D ACIS Modeler® and ACIS Extensions, supporting the need to model complex designs
3D InterOp providing the highest quality data reuse between CAD formats
3D Visualization offering full Application Programming Interface (API) access to a powerful underlying suite of integrated components
Solutions from Spatial allow application developers to:
- Accelerate time-to-market through rapid development
- Expand innovation to increase focus on key differentiators
- Leverage 3D expertise through Services and Support from a Spatial team committed to success
- Reduce your risk with AGM - a proven 3D application development framework