Advanced Covering is a function of model deformation technology. This single API uses sophisticated algorithms to create high quality n-sided surfaces that meet user specified tolerances for position and tangency on boundaries and on optional internal guiding geometry. Advanced Covering allows a surface to be fit onto circuits (collections of edges that form closed loops) in solid or wire bodies. Many developers use Advanced Covering for post-translation surface replacement or re-covering, non-planar end-capping and surface definition from curve data.
Advanced Covering Key Features:
- Creation of non-planar, n-sided surfaces
- Retention of positional and tangential continuity with adjacent surfaces
- Individual specification of continuity tolerance on each edge (G0 and G1)
- Placement of auxiliary point and curve restraints (G0 only)
- Post-covering gap reporting (diagnostics)
- Optional specification of initial surface
What Can Advance Covering Offer You?
Because Advanced Covering packages powerful deformable modeling technology into a simple to use, high-level interface, developers can focus efforts on the core competitive functionality of their project.
Optimal Quality of Results
Advanced Covering allows high quality results, based on user specified constraints, with minimal impact to existing code.
Advanced Covering accelerates application delivery time by simplifying access to traditionally complex features and reducing resource requirements.
|Initial Open Body||Body with G0 Covering Face||Body with G1 Covering Face|