The release supports Spatial’s commitment to enhance ACIS and 3D InterOp based on developer and end-user needs. ACIS R22 introduces an innovative approach for uncovering the root cause of modeling failures, enhances point cloud capabilities and performance, and offers new functions for improving modeling robustness. 3D InterOp R22 suite of translators includes support for additional format-specific attributes and provides support for the latest CAD versions.
ACIS R22 New Capabilities:
- Error Collator collates failure related information such that it is more useful for users. The mechanism employs multiple strategies to identify the root cause of the failure including geometrical complexities or known limitations, as well as identification of deterministic or probabilistic causes when needed. ACIS diagnostics information has been improved with descriptive messaging and better coverage.
- R22 introduces a new data structure for point clouds. The new structure organizes the data for fast spatial queries, and supports geometric selection using a sphere, box, or plane, as well as provides the ability to define a custom selection type.
- For aligning the point cloud data with a design model, R22 includes a Registration API that automatically determines the point cloud orientation for exact cloud placement on the model.
- The high-performance Entity-Point-Distance (EPD) function has been integrated into the new point cloud data structure for developer ease-of-use.
- An edge wrapping function wraps a planar wire body on a given target body using the specified initial start position, target face and wrap direction. The function can be used to place text on a model.
- The Fixed Distance Chamfer function has been advanced to maintain dimensional accuracy whenever a chamfer is placed along complex surfaces.
- Several new APIs have been added to quickly identify and address unwanted topology on a model.
For a complete list of functionality see the ACIS R22 Release Notes
3D InterOp R22 Enhancements:
3D InterOp R22 adds the ability to import additional feature types, attributes and model states, along with support for the latest CAD and industry-standard file versions.
New CATIA V5 Import Support
- Work planes and infinite lines
- Hole features for hybrid CATIA V5 models
- Work states
New Pro/E Import Support
- Family tables for parts and assemblies
- Work planes in parts
- Ability to distinguish driving and driven dimensions (3D InterOp Manufacturing option)
Additional Attribute Support
- SolidWorks: configuration names for parts embedded in an assembly, name attributes attached to BODY, FACE and EDGE
- NX Reader: user defined datum target types, name attributes attached to FACE and EDGE
- Inventor Reader: import parts from sub-folders of an assembly
New CAD Version and Platform Support
- CATIA V5 R21 read and write
- Inventor 2012 read
- ProE/Creo 1.0 (Wildfire 5), Siemens NX7.5, SolidWorks 2011 read
- Parasolid v24 read and write
- Platforms: Microsoft Visual Studio 32 bit
For a complete list of functionality see the 3D InterOp R22 Release Notes