The use of 3D models is growing within manufacturing along with the need for specialized software applications to support complex machining operations. Automated machinery and equipment manufacturers are choosing to develop custom 3D software applications to better address their needs and achieve competitive differentiation.
Automated machinery manufacturers produce software-enabled machinery for tasks such as metal working, metal cutting, and robotics. For these companies, Spatial provides a proven foundation for specialized application development that optimize end-users’ specific work-flows, shortens the learning curve and increases their productivity. Spatial’s software components enable development resources within these manufacturers to maintain focus on core capabilities, rather than re-inventing basic 3D modeling infrastructure, data exchange, and 3D visualization capabilities.
Automated Machinery Applications
The following are examples of applications and the capabilities enabled through the use of Spatial software components:
- Robotics – geometry import, geometry query, manipulation and editing, visualization, simulation with collision detection, reverse kinematics, and path planning capabilities
- Metal Working - geometry import, geometry modification for improved manufacturing, algorithms for path planning, feature identification, and removal capabilities
- Inspection – geometry and manufacturing information input, geometry query and manipulation for path planning, visualization and simulation with collision detection
Who uses 3D components from Spatial for their Automated Machinery applications?
Products and services from Spatial are used extensively by industry leaders such as Flow International Corp. and the Robotics Division at ABB. Companies such as these use technology from Spatial for a wide-range of applications including water jet-specific applications, robotics, and accessories.
Spatial provides a portfolio of solutions:
- CGM (Convergence Geometric Modeler), the industry’s first commercial 3D geometry kernel made available to the market in over ten years
- 3D ACIS Modeler® and ACIS Extensions, supporting the need to model complex designs
- 3D Interoperability providing the highest quality data exchange between CAD formats
- 3D Visualization offering full Application Programming Interface (API) access to a powerful underlying suite of integrated components
Solutions from Spatial allow application developers to:
- Accelerate time-to-market through rapid development
- Expand innovation to increase focus on key differentiators
- Leverage 3D expertise through Services and Support from a Spatial team committed to success